Managing Your Sleep Medicine Web Consultations
If you’ve already ordered and received confirmation for your web consult, these “+” topics have all the information you need to make sure you and your sleep doctor are well prepared for your scheduled consultation.
If you haven’t scheduled yet, you can get started by booking now.
Next topic – Complete Patient Intake Form
Your appointment confirmation email includes a link to our medical records software, BetterNight.com. This specialized user-friendly software is designed specifically for sleep medicine patients and their physicians.
If you haven’t already done so, you can go directly to the system now to complete your intake forms:
Next topic – Rescheduling & Cancellations
Rescheduling and cancellations require a minimum 1 business day advance notice. There is no additional fee for rescheduling. Cancellations received 1 business day in advance receive a 50% refund. Cancellations received with less than 1 day notice are non-refundable.
This policy is necessary for 2 reasons:
- Your sleep medicine physician is reserving time on their calendar and preparing for your consultation by reviewing your medical history. Therefore, cancellation without 1-day notice means the physician and staff has worked on your file.
- When you book your consultation, the time is removed from the online scheduler. This means no other patient can select that time slot and it is lost.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding with this important policy.
Need to reschedule or cancel? Login to your scheduler now.
Next topic – Reminder Email & Text Message
You will receive 2 email reminders and text messages. The first email and text reminders are sent 48 hours in advance, and the second set 30 minutes in advance. Your reminder messages include convenient links for quick access to your account. Log in to your scheduling account to send your appointment related questions and comments.
Next topic – Connecting To Your Web Consultation
Your appointment confirmation email includes a link with instructions for joining your web consultation.
The conferencing software is called ZOOM. The email you received confirming your appointment has the connection information and meeting ID. Simply clicking on the link in your email will securely connect you to your private online meeting.
IMPORTANT: To make sure your meeting starts promptly, please connect 5-10 minutes early. This allows enough time for you to download the conferencing software and test your connection. If you’re having trouble or need assistance, please call 315-708-3776.
For the best experience, you will need:
- A computer, tablet, or smart phone with a web camera. Because internet video conferencing uses a large amount of processing power, we recommend a desktop or laptop computer, if available.
- Audio connection by phone or through your computer. If you have a microphone or headset with a mic, that will improve sound quality for you and your physician.
- High-speed or broadband internet connection.
- A quiet room where you can focus on your physician interaction and be undisturbed.
VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING ZOOM WEB CONFERENCING