The Latest Technology – Digital Impressions
Finally! No more gooey impressions. When fitting all oral appliances, relax with the comfort and accuracy of digital impressions.
Watch the 3Shape oral impression digital scanner video.
Mandibular Advancement Devices:
2. Fabricated from dental impressions of the upper and lower arches.
3. Made of a hard acrylic material that may include clasps.
4. Fits comfortably over the upper and lower teeth.
5. Holds the lower jaw slightly forward to open the airway and prevent the airway from collapsing during sleep.
6. Has a built-in adjustment mechanism that allows for the gradual advancement of the jaw to help to open the airway to achieve optimum effectiveness.
Tongue Retaining Devices:
Tongue retaining devices (TRD) like the one pictured here are sometimes effective for treating mild obstructive sleep apnea. TRD devices work by holding the tongue from blocking the airway.
MicrO2, by ProSomnus, is an easy-to-use and comfortable device that safely alleviates snoring and symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea. If a patient has been diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea or snores, the MicrO2 lower jaw advancement device will assist him/her in waking with a better sense of rest and provide the energy needed to enjoy the day.
SomnoMed oral devices offer a wide range of materials and designs for maximum comfort without compromising effectiveness. Devices are made with medical grade stainless steel and soft-lined SMH-BFlex. SomnoMed models (5) include the Classic, Flex, Herbst, Fusion, and Suad Ultra.
The Panthera D-SAD – The Smallest Device Approved by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine for Treating Sleep Apnea
Popular for it’s small profile, comfort, and industry-leading 5-year warranty.
The Panthera D-SAD offers a wide range of customizable options. Panthera has been FDA 510(k) cleared for snoring and obstructive sleep apnea treatment.
Panthera devices are ready in 10 days.
The Respire EF Model – A Good Choice For Patients With Large Tongues & Narrow Arches
For patients with enlarged tongues and narrow arches, Dr. Sall may recommend the Respire EF series.
The Somnowell Chrome is a 4th generation device which is custom molded from a medical “super” alloy. The Somnowell Chrome technology offers the slimmest, most comfortable, and hygienic design.
Oventus Oral Appliances – Breathing Through An Enclosed Airway
The unique Oventus design works differently than all the other oral appliances offered by Dr. Sall. The Oventus design creates an enclosed airway that bypasses nasal obstructions. Their video demonstrates best.
Made from custom fitted clear acrylic, Oravan was the first FDA cleared oral appliance for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea with a truly open anterior design. Many patients select Oravan for its lightweight, less bulky design. With no hidden retainers, splints, or guards, the Oravan has a reputation for complete comfort when speaking, yawning, and even drinking.
Lifestyle Changes Known to Reduce or Eliminate Sleep Apnea Symptoms
– Weight loss to restore normal BMI.
– Avoid alcohol, especially before bedtime.
– Avoid medications that cause drowsiness.
– Regular exercise.
Oral Appliances – Effective for most patients.
– According to the Guidelines of the AASM Oral Appliances are indicated for treatment of patients with mild to moderate OSA who prefer them to treatment with CPAP.
– Oral Appliances are also indicated for patients who fail CPAP or reverse CPAP due to claustrophobia.
– While there are over 100 FDA approved oral appliances for the treatment of OSA, Dr Sall utilizes the best quality appliance suited for the individual patient with the longest industry warranty (3 years).
CPAP Devices – Positive Airway Pressure
– Mask worn over the nose.
– Gentle air pressure from connected hose assists in keeping the airway open.
– Today, a variety of styles are available, offering both comfort and affordability.
Surgery – for severe cases when non-surgical options like those listed above are not adequate. Dr. Sall has unique training as both a DDS (doctor of dental surgery) and an MD (doctor of medicine) performing Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery. This highly specialized training makes him uniquely qualified to treat a wide variety of conditions and difficult cases.
– Removal of tonsils and adenoids, when indicated.
– Remove extra throat tissue, when indicated.
– Airway bypass, when indicated.
– Nasal surgery including septoplasty, turbinate surgery, and endoscopic balloon sinuplasty may be indicated as an adjunct to treatment of OSA.